Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Team Fortress 2 Communities VS Pros Match

Admins! I have no idea where this thread should reside. I chose here as it is next to the TF2 grotto.

I've been approached by the organisers of the Community vs Pros to get together some potential candidates from Polycount for their next event.
THE BASICS

It is up to your community to find a main player and a backup player for a specific
class that your community wants to bring forward. Now it doesn't matter to me how this
process is done. In the past some communities voted among themselves, or did playoffs of
some sort to pick their players. The selection procedure is entirely up to you.

You can choose up to 3 classes, each with a main player and back up. By picking more
than one class not only gives your community a better chance to enter the event, but
also helps us fill up 9 needed classes. For example, if you community pick a demoman,
heavy, and medic (in that order) and we have 5 demos and no medics, then your medic will
be put into the medic spot. If no other community has picked the heavy slot, then your
community will be considered above the other communities that pick the class after you.
However, this does not guarantee you a spot in the event. We try our very best to be
fair: in certain circumstances we also have carried over players from the previous event
who put their name forward but didn't get to play. All players must meet all the
requirements (no competitive TF2 experience and their steam account in good standing).

Your player(s) must main in the class you pick and MUST give their steam ID for
verification of league experience. Community players who are registered in ESEA, CEVO,
TWL, or has been on a competitive 6 vs 6 team will be disqualified for this event. TF2
Lobby DOES NOT count as its concepts and game play is not considered of a true
competitive setting. Their Steam Account MUST be in good standing as well with no VAC
bans of any sort from any game. Players WILL NOT be able to participate if they have
competitive 6 vs 6 team style experience or ANY bans on their accounts.

Remember to choose people whom you want to represent your community. Players must be
able to commit to a regular practice schedule and have good team spirits. This will
enhance the event as a whole. We want everyone to have fun, and would like to encourage
players to be respectful towards each other. This means NO raging, racism, homophobic
remarks, and discrimination toward a player's race, origin, age, or gender will be
tolerated. The deadline to have ALL of your players submitted to me via this e-mail is
July 23rd.
How do we decide who we put forward?

If you would like to do it, then state your name, class, post your steam community page and put forward a case of why you'd be good to represent Polycount. Once people have had a chance to do that we'll see what classes/people we have and come up with a fair selection process.

I'll kick it off...

Replies