Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] Aircraft carrier map

G'day ladies and gentlemen,

ive been working at Crytek UK for about 6 weeks now, and whilst ive been continuously working in my own time, I thought it was about time I crack open a thread for an environment im currently working on.

Details are vague at the moment but this is the kind of thing im going for with my environment:
800px-Ordnance_elevator.jpg
both above and below deck,with with as much details as possible, whilst keeping everything fairly realistic in terms of budgets and also style.

I have actually already created quite alot of stuff for it, however most of it will be meaningless without context so that stuff will come in the next few weeks.

Here is one of several hero props that will be taking the focus of the scene, currently this is the high poly as it stands, I will however be baking out the low poly during the course of this evening.
bombtrolley2.jpg

Please feel free to comment on it, a good bit of critique is always good. :D

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Only complaint I really have is that you have a cylindrical bomb strapped to a flat surface. Regardless of the straps, it can still pose a risk of falling off. In this pic, you can see that they're using a concave carrying platform, to nestle the bombs. Don't want those suckers dropping! :) Looks sharp though, nice work.

US_Navy_030321-N-6817C-096_Aviation_Ordnancemen,_assigned_to_Weapon%27s_Department,_move_ordnance_across_the_flight_deck_prior_to_loading_it_onto_aircraft_aboard_USS_Abraham_Lincoln_(CVN_72).jpg

(on second glance, I actually see the jerky on the right carrying bombs on what looks like a flat surface :P still risky!)
  • scotthomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    070423-F-1234S-002.jpg

I was using this ref, and completely just thought "oh they've just balanced it ontop of the box" but on closer inspection, it looks like that've balanced the bomb between the 2 slats. I think I may put some "chocks" (the things used to stop planes rolling away..) under the bomb instead. Good catch on that one dude.
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    i think you could put a bit more detail onto the bomb (since it is the main focus) some rivets, panels, whatever, just looks a bit bare to me

looking good though dude keep it up