Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bob-omb

Replies

• jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    Cool! So... what part of the process are you in? Are you blocking for highpoly? Or are you just gonna hand paint it? Either way your feet are awkward. Yours is the same foot staggered on either side... Where in the concept the tips and the back line up with each other.

And is it just me or did you squash the main body? It doesn't look round to me...
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    It looks pretty round to me, but i do agree that you should double check the feet
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I thought the feet were suppose to be like these wind up toys, the cross pieces don't make much since to me otherwise. Not sure if I should keep it or change it

3l7GZ.png

I squashed the body to make it a bit more bottom heavy.
  • cdavisrun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start. It might just be the viewing angle but the way you have it blocked out it looks as though the right "foot" is father in front than the left. Also not having AO or some sort of shadow throws things off and looks as though the left foot is higher also. In the future it could help to show multiple perspectives to help get a feel for the object.
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Nice concept and good initial blockout but the feet are awkward at the moment, in the concept they ar both in the same place, it is the clip things that are in different positions on each foot, if you know what i mean.

Hope that helps.
  • koufuyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Umm.. Idk, what's with folks these days and structure?
    I gotta step in and say something, first off, it seems as though this fellow just put one foot out to avoid wrigging issues later, that's what I am guessing.

Seems ok, I would just say that it would beneficial to make the pegs thinner you know? The pegs on the foot that is.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I like this! the whole feet area could use some attention to match up with the ref a bit more though:

The pegs on the feet are not symmetrical in the concept, the right foot's are staggered back. The feet are flatter, and stretched more depth/wise. Like, more trapezoidal than rectangular. And the 'stand' under the body before the feet has a more curving, swooping shape. Also, i'd really like to see the detail in the 'winder' modeled in a bit more, it's too sick to relegate to a normal/alpha map!
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I think Zac's model is correct as far as an actually working clockwork toy and the concept is wrong, in a way.

The feet should be staggered, something I think the concept artist forgot, or started off with normal feet side by side then tried to add the flat bits later. If the concept art version walked it's right leg would have to go twice as far forward as the left leg for it to step.

crits on model. You need to add more and smaller rivets down the front. The hips in the concept are rounder and smaller also.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    FveWX.png
    little update, gotta fix the floaters bake :\
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    ^^^ Completely agree with Stinger88. ^^^
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    Sure could use some moar geo for the eye sockets, bottom of the hips, and the wind-up (it also might be a bit thick).
    I really like the concept and can't wait to see what comes of this :P
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Got the high poly done, I'm going to do the swirly groves and logo in crazy bump.

Dpz9f.png