Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Iron Knight AKA Destroyer

Hello Everyone. My name is Gin Saryadharma. This is my first image post. This 3d character created with max 2010 and texturing using phtshop cs2. I call it Iron Knight AKA Destroyer. It also has rigged. Mental ray rendering. My inspiration come from lichking (wrcrft game).
I also sell this 3d model and another model at low price. Just visit my blog : www.3dporto.wordpress.com or visit : http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/destroyer-fantasy-character-max/572649
Thank you :)

destroyer02.jpg

destroyer01.jpg

destroyer05.jpg

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Metal parts look pretty good. I think it could use more details in the body shapes (kind of simplistically cylindrical in the limbs for example). The sword design looks a bit out of place compared to the rest of him.

I think getting some more dynamic and naturalistic poses would help a lot.
  • gin3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @haikai : I agree with you... The pose isn't good enough, and the detail in the body is too flat. Thanks for the idea :)
  • Shaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the name shredder came to mind :P
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few things:

- How is the armor attached to the person?
    It has weight and that should show through in the design and on the final model. As it is, it looks like you took a base mesh made some extrusions and called it good. Are the straps old fashion buckle and loops, is it DD rings, are they some kind of space age stretchy material?
    A bit more planning, research and sketching would solve these problem. The area around the hips, crotch and sides are very exposed and open to attack, these are some of the more highly guarded areas in most armor.

- What is that material under the metal?
    It looks like a divers suit or some kind of modern material or is that possibly the persons skin? If its skin a lot of work needs to be done to hint at muscle structure and detail. If that's skin, he/it is a eunuch?

- The staps around the thighs would more than likely cut into the thigh and the material, a bit.

- Is the model game ready? How are the UV's laid out, what is the tri count? What does the edge flow look like? What is the size of the material(s).
  • gin3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are the wire.

wirefront.jpg
    backwire.jpg
    perspwire.jpg