Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Galanti Antoine / Environment Artist

Hello! My name is Antoine, 21 year old. I'm studying at the HEAJ (Belgium). And now I need you! I'm looking for feedback, good or bad. I have to find a training course next year and I wanted to know if my folio and my work are correct.

I have some ideas and WIP incoming.
So thanks for ckecking out and comment.

Portfolio: http://galantiantoine.carbonmade.com/

Replies

• stixspleen
  • linz1010
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your work looks good, the only thing I can say is that you should change the section titled "School work" to the name of the project itself. I've been told by several people that companies don't want to know your work is for school.
  • stixspleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ho ok. I'll change that right now. Thanks.
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Just had a look at it and i think you have got yourself in the right order.

The environment is good, the lighting just looks a bit over exposed in some areas, but grood stuff.

I would suggest for now to keep the weapons crate as it is, but once you got a few more projects replace it as the images are too dark and it is hard to see details of it.
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    As you did with your props, it would be good to have some technical data on your TFA, like the texture usage, your flats and wireframes of single props.

The door is looking good, the only problem I have with it right now is the texture usage. Of course maybe it was the goal to have that prop uniquely unwrapped but the some parts could have simply used vertical or horizontal tiling, some stacking.

The weapon box is clearly the weakest piece of you portfolio right now and you did well putting it last.

On the website itself I find it annoying to have to click 'back' x number of time before I can get back to your homepage. It creates an history for every picture.

Also I'm not too sure about last two shots on the Al Kymia map, it's clearly weaker shots that dont put anything new when you saw the others.

I'd also get rid of that WIP category, it's no use if when you click it all you get is nothing.

I understand it is not your job hunting portfolio yet and you dont have plenty of stuff to show this year, I've been through this as well and it's hard finding an internship with schoolwork. So I wish you all the best for that.
  • stixspleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks.

It's a good idea to show some props of my TFA. More than only screens. And I probably do some news in the few next days.

Yes, the door is unwrapped this way to have a complete unique texture. If I wanted to really use it for an environment, I could optimize but it wasn't the goal.

Arg, the weapon box... Yes of course, but it's simple to do, and i like the result. But really, this only props like that is very weak. Question of time too.

On the website, click on "work" on top, it's more simple than click back 42 number of time. I use Carbonmade to make my portfolio, it's weak but enough right now i think.

I'll post some screens of my WIP today.

In any case, thanks for comments ;)
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    More work samples.

The carbonmade thing is fine. It gets the job done and is easy enough.

The skydome in the first piece that changes from super saturated yellow to purple and the lights aren't affecting the scene that much need skydome work and lighting work. Turn off SSAO in UDK. It's not helping your surface read well.

Just more work samples as well. The site is light on content.