Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vampire [WIP]

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
MonsterMan polycounter lvl 9
I am hoping to get some thoughts and ideas on the Vampire I am doing. It’s just something for fun, and is still in early stages but I was hoping to get feedback, advice and suggestions. Currently, it is at about 1445 Quads, but I haven’t added anything like armor, teeth, clothing props etc.

I know it’s hard to tell where the loops are. I had changed his mouth expression as I don’t have any plans to rig the face, but am considering putting it back and trying some facial rigging/animation. Never done facial animation though, is it tough? I did notice the mouth needs rounded out even if I don’t animate, as I want him showing his teeth but not to that extent.

Any impressions on the overall anatomy/ geometry? Yes, I did give him a bit of an old man JIT and he is floating. :D Do you think a floating vampire is more intimidating then a walking one?

Finally,…ears. Big bat ears, or flat round puss filled Enemy Mine ears? lol
VampHead.jpg
VampWireFrame.jpg
Thanks for the help/ ideas!

Replies

• gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    The silhouette for the amount of polygons u are using is very blob like. you also have alot of polys in the feet which could be taken out.
    In general, the face isnt too bad, but the topology on the face seems a little all over the place.
  • MonsterMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and made the changes to the mouth to get rid of that strange commical growl and made the mouth more open for teeth. I also moved some of the geometry around in that area.

I probably should have said that this is the HD model, and I had added the extra lines in the shoes and body area to give me a thicker mesh in those areas in Z-Brush.

VampHead002.jpg
  • MonsterMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I have been putting some work into this. This is a picture of the character in Z-Brush. I am however, re-doing the geometry in MAX. I decided the character needed ears and a longer robe when my son said it was a girl vampire. I also added some armor, but failed to get pics of it before coming to work today. Any Ideas for extra items? (Already going to add barbed wire, torture choke-pear device, skulls and staff.) Suggestions for improvement? Which teeth do you like better?

Vamp.jpg

Vamp02.jpg