Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Derek Burris - Environment/Prop artist

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
z0ltan polycounter lvl 13
Hello polycount! My name is Derek and I am currently working on my Environment/prop portfolio. I am looking for feedback of any kind really. Keep/drop the 2D? Put in a WIP section? bigger pictures? Does the layout make your eyes bleed? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

Link: www.derekburris.com

Replies

• SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    Hi z0ltan

First, about your work:

The first environment in your page is much to dark overall as far as the lighting goes. Also, unless it's mostly your work, I'd just scrap it. We want to see your art, and not epics.

Snow sled is pretty rad. I'd personally like to see a little more color and saturation in the diffuse, but that could just be me.

Aside form that, nothing really stands out as special or eye grabbing. It's obvious you can model and texture, now start pushing the envelope with environments and good, large scale portfolio quality assets.

As far as the layout of your website goes, it's fine. Only crit as far as that goes, is I'd like to see some wire frames and tri counts on your props. Also, your resume page 404's.

Your best bet is to really start cranking out the work and post here often. Give feedback, and get feedback.

Good Luck!
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Your resume link doesn't work. :(