Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brink bust WIP

Hey errybody! I am currently student at fullsail and have been lurking for a long time here. Finally grew a spine and figured it was about time I made a thread. I really, really loved the style of the characters in Brink so I figured I'd try my hand at one. Still needs a lot of love atm, the forehead, neck/shoulders, and ears are all jacked up and the obvious lack of eyes and teeth are even more disturbing. Was bored today so I slapped on some sloppy colors. Heres where I'm at right meow.

brink_test.jpg

Hopefully will finish this up in a couple days, Critiques much appreciated!

Replies

• shawnell3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your close so close but i really dont know whats off compared to the brink style of characters. i think their chracters are more exaggerated. this will be a great piece i like what i see keep it up!
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    yeah wheres the Exagerated Jaw!
    brink2.jpg
    Also, spend a bit more time on his expression, the curling of his upper lip doesnt look right. the levator muscles pull on the whole upper part of the lip, so you have a more round shape IE:
    face_1355872c.jpg
  • Roepetoepa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roepetoepa polycounter lvl 12
    Looks good man Like the wrinkles and he skintones :)
  • Mrandk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey sorry its taken me so long to reply, another project has been eating up a bunch of time. Anyways enough with the excuses, les get down to business.

@Bonebrew22 & shawnell3d : Thanks for the critiques! I messed around with the lips to make em more round and not all flat and fish lippy. Also I stormed the webs for a scowl with lips that were close to what i was looking for. I found one courtesy of the king of scowls himself the ol' Dick Cheney!
    ed0522-cheney.jpg

Also now with 30% more jaw!
    (lemme know if there's anything else!)

Brink_bust_wip.jpg

Now to put some teef in that sloppy hole I call a mouth. There's so much more to do to this guy before I can call it done!
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I think it's going in the right direction...the likness with a Brink character is very visible...i don't know about the expression, i think it's a little too exagerated, it seems like he receive a big punch from his right side...
    Nice skin tones too ;)
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Nice! Liking the mouth, stallone ish, or maybe he's got an invisible cigar in it? ;)
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Real nice style! Definitely could use some exaggeration.

Tim's work is was more stylized and over the top with expression. http://badpolygon.com

But you're on a really impressive path. Just keep at it.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Glad to see another Full Sailer :) The bust looks really good so far! Keep it up
  • Mrandk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the feedback guys it has been really helpful!

@ Motenal you were right, the lips were twisted too much so it was giving a freaky inviso-punch look to him, i twisted them back the right way and pulled back some of the cringe

@ jeffro Thanks for the link man! it was really helpful, i pulled his jaw around to exaggerate it more and pushed around his cheeks

almost_done.jpg

stuff i still gadda do:
    neck detail
    shirt shirt shirt
    materials for eyes and teeth
    texture polish

if you guys see anything else lemme know!