Home Technical Talk

xsi to 3ds max-edge selection and deleting

demilich
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
demilich polycounter lvl 8
Hello guys, I mainly use xsi and Im transferring to 3ds max. Does anyone know how to delete multiple edges properly. It seems that when I do delete edges in max, the vertices for those edges remain? Also how can I select multiple edges at the same time from one side to another, I'm not referring to edgeloop selection with shift select. Would I have to select them manually?

Thanks.

Replies

• Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    To get rid of the verts you need to hold Ctrl then hit Backspace. As for the edge loop selections, Alt R and Alt L will select rings and loops respectivly. I believe they also added the shift click from 2010 onwards to select rings.
  • miauu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miauu polycounter lvl 14
    demilich wrote: »
    Hello guys, I mainly use xsi and Im transferring to 3ds max. Does anyone know how to delete multiple edges properly. Also how can I select multiple edges at the same time from one side to another, I'm not referring to edgeloop selection with shift select. Would I have to select them manually?

Thanks.
    Also you can use Ctrl+remove(in modify panel or Quad menu).
    demilich wrote: »
    Also how can I select multiple edges at the same time from one side to another, I'm not referring to edgeloop selection with shift select. Would I have to select them manually?
    Seacrh ribbon for "Step Loop"