Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need some crits, help, and advice on my first foray into sculpting!

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm definitely not new to the ways of polycount, so I'll keep this brief. I just recently got a graphics tablet, so I thought I would be quick in putting it to good use. I have not sculpted anything serious before simply because it was such a hassle with a mouse. So, since I got this tablet I have been anticipating starting to take up sculpting.

I know this is probably bad, but I have no formal anatomy/muscle knowledge. I have just been content with "this muscle is here, looks like this, is usually this size, and does this" which I know is a BIG no-no among character artists. I'd like to know what to get started with (books etc. etc.) to start learning anatomy proper. I assume I will have to practice will physical mediums/2D art to truly learn it?

As I said earlier, this is my first real sculpt of an athletic man, and it is still in the early stages. I thought I would get some early crits on the general form and anatomy before I dig too deep. You guys basically always know what you are talking about, and are truly dedicated to your craft so I will soak in and follow your every word haha.

Please, go easy on me, as this is my first time. (innuendo?) It is by no means finished, so please keep that in mind too.

Man1.jpg

Man2.jpg

Man3.jpg

Man4.jpg

Man5.jpg

Base mesh was created by Samuel "arshlevon" Sharit, and I downloaded it right here off of Polycount.

Quick paintovers of improvements, anatomy fixes, and "next steps" would be great. Also, I have some general questions that can probably be easily answered:

1. Is there a better way to get pictures of my sculpts in zbrush? Or will I have to take it into a separate program?

2. What are some brushes that you guys recommend for character sculpting in general?

PS: I feel I am getting a great head-start on this kind of stuff, considering I am only 16. So all of the help that I get from you guys can only help me move forward. Thanks ahead of time!