Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Destroyed Futuristic Train Station

I'm redo-ing my portfolio and came up with the idea of a futuristic train station that was updated. The culture that the train station is set in doesn't believe in destroying to upgrade, but building on top of said structures. There's a meshing of old vs. new which I'm trying to convey. Hence, it still has the brick and the old style architecture while having the metal and arcs for the futuristic feel.

What I'm trying to convey is that there was a uprising right before/during a summit within the city. This station is one of the main parts that was hit during the upheaval by the citizens.

Critiques are always welcome.

farwall.th.jpg
farwallclose.th.jpg
outsidecity.th.jpg
trainsection.th.jpg

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work;

I apologize for being too bold but you are barely conveying upgrade to futuristic without destroying the train station. Just by looking at the roof (which conveys present, and possibly the future)

A wide hint would be, machines and hollow graphic annunciator revolving in the middle where the yellow annunciator table is. The church windows are blocked by metal. And stuff like that might help you support your concept.

Also Solar roof is present generation.

A little dynamics would be in order here as well.

Good luck.

Soo far this is an awesome work I havent gotten that good. :(
  • FlamingInfinity
    Thanks Nitewalkr,

I am finding a bit troublesome to communicate the conflict between the 'present' and future for sure. I think some props would go a long way, to assist with that aspect.

The whole area is based off of the museum of Natural History's main hall in London.

Are you talking about the top triangulated points for the solar roof? Or the glass-like semi-circles? I was thinking about adding in some animated decals for the overhangs to make them more futuristic? We'll see.

I think that the futuristic needs to come out first, and then I can go and thrash it if need be. Trying to do 2 things at once rarely works out.

I'm trying to avoid dynamics as much as I can to save rendering times.

Thank you for the compliment, though I still have a long way to go. :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Blue glass on the roof was what I was talking about. They use them in few major places today. =\ But I am still learning so you can also wait for some professional's crit.