Home Technical Talk

CV Curve as influence object (Maya)

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem getting a CV Curve to weight my mesh. I want the curve to deform the brow area of my character. These are my steps, and the result:

1. select curve and mesh > Add Inlfuence > check "use geometry" and "lock weights"
2. select the mesh > select skin cluster > turn ON "use Components"
3. Go into paint tool, unlock curve influence > paint weight at value of 1.0

cvweight.jpg

The curve has its transforms frozen ,and the pivot is centred. I can't figure out why the weight of my curves influence is causing the mesh verts to shoot up into the sky. Hopefully someone here can offer me some advice or a solution.

Cheers

Replies

• Loathing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been messing around with doing this and have a similar problem. Try rescaling the CV Curve from xyz being 1 to .99 and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Scratch that. Worked on a small test I did. What you need to do is first turn the skin weighting method to weight blended before adding the influence.
  • mrviktorpod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loathing wrote: »
    I've been messing around with doing this and have a similar problem. Try rescaling the CV Curve from xyz being 1 to .99 and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Scratch that. Worked on a small test I did. What you need to do is first turn the skin weighting method to weight blended before adding the influence.

thank you so much :D that fix my problem :thumbup: