Home Technical Talk

3point Quality normals Modifier, problem?

cox
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
cox polycounter lvl 10
Does anyone else having problems with render to texture after applying 3point quality normals modifier and colapse to editable poly?

I have no idea if this is related to the modifier, but after applying it, some objects become "cursed" and when I render to texture them, the UV is all messed up :poly122:.

any clues?

thanks.

Replies

• CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    we use the UV Channel 3,4,5 to store the quality tangent space. Haven't seen issues so far on this end. What max version are you on?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    cox wrote: »
    Does anyone else having problems with render to texture after applying 3point quality normals modifier and colapse to editable poly?

I have no idea if this is related to the modifier, but after applying it, some objects become "cursed" and when I render to texture them, the UV is all messed up :poly122:.

any clues?

thanks.

yes. there are some workarounds though.

firstly, in render to texture, make sure it's baking from UVW channel 1 (or 2 if that's what you're using). i've found that the modifier changes render to texture to channel 3 for whatever reason.

another option, is to do a quick export/import as a .obj file, and uncheck the box for maintaining normals (can't remember the exact name).

if your object is buried under a stack of modifiers, the top solution is likely the best. if not, the second option will simply clear off the quality mode changes from the mesh.