Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Shawnell Priester | Environment Artist

here's an update to my portfolio check it out and leave some feed back :)

www.shawnell3d.com

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    You can tighten up this layout a lot, and get it all on one page without scrolling.

The header, you have three of them for some reason (the one with your name, the nav bar, and then a welcome). Put your name and position in the nav bar and remove the welcome line. This will reduce a lot of wasted space.

The brush-masked thumbs are kinda sloppy and distracting from the art itself. If you cleaned these up, and again, removed spaces between them, all of this would fit nicely onto a single viewing page.

I don't like that you split the portfolio into two sections (env art and projects), since there's only one thing in there it's silly to have. One portfolio. Don't hide your work.

Why you have no resume/cv link is ridiculous. You have no contact info on your main page either. In that nav bar, I'd put your email and a resume download, but also have a viewable resume somewhere on your site.
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    In terms of content I think you hit a lot of great points and showed you have technical ability as well as artistic. I personally felt that your scenes lacked something to really bring together. But your work is also very accomplished which a lot of other people don't have. If I was ever to look at your portfolio for a job application I would have confidence in your technical ability, but insecure about the quality.

On the whole though, its a nice portfolio and defiantly stands out above a lot of others.
  • shawnell3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks certain things i agree with and also have been trying to figure out some things in html script which i am a noob to. Resume and Cover letter will be up soon just havent had a chance to get to it. thanks for the feed back ill take it in to consideration.
  • shawnell3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks IchII3D, i feel very accomplished after completing these projects and in any major way i can improve them i will. in regards to what you stated about "insecure about the quality" I wasn't to sure of what u meant but I took a look at your portfolio and I can see the difference. This will be a area I'll take more focus to on future projects so I can improve overall