Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Giffard the Ostrich Jouster

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
First off - apologies for the lack of ostrich so far, but he's coming! I was ready to start making this, then the brawl kicked off and ruined everything! But back on it now.

----

Meet Giffard, once the most renowned Jouster in the whole Great City, winning the kingdoms biggest tournament in over a century, knocking down the grand total of twenty eight rival knights in consecutive rounds.
That was over four years ago, the fame went to his head (along with fine ales and wines) and he can now be found stumbling around the taverns and whore houses in the lower city.
After countless bar brawls and encounters with the Queens Guard, Giffard is determined to clean up his act, saddle up his ostrich and go for glory once again.

Backstory isn't something I have really put too much thought into before. Hopefully it will help me get more character into Giffard.

The plan is to have two versions, one in normal day wear (which is the version i'm working on now, and why he doesn't look like a he's up for jousting yet :D) and another where he's in full jousting gear, mounted on his ostrich :D I'm still working on the armoured concept. A friend at work may be doing a rival knight as well which would be awesome.

Enough text, heres some wips - Ostrich Sword is place holder and i've only just got the shoes in, which i'm currently working on.

Cheers!

ceoncept2.jpg

knight_3.jpg

knight_8.jpg

Replies