Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Character WIP] Draenei Schoolgirl

Hello forum o/

This character was originally supposed to be my World of Warcraft main character but I decided to go for a slightly different concept some time during the process, so I dressed her up in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform fanservice kinda thing. I've been doing mostly overexaggerated monsters and beefy grunts and such so it's been a good learning experience so far doing this character but I think I still need some pointers. I don't have a set polygon budget for when it's done but I won't be aiming for 1998 technology. Modelling as much as I can before I start sculpting. Crits and tips are more than welcome and thanks for watching <3

Hair is placeholder.

draenei014a.jpg

draenei014b.jpg

Replies

• gilesruscoe
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    LOL, not quite what i was expecting after clicking on the title, very fun concept... proceed..
  • Kawe
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    crazy boobjobs. weird panties.

awesome. haha.
  • Swizzle
  • dogzer
    Offline / Send Message
    dogzer polycounter lvl 8
    she seems quite slutty, I like that!
  • uncle
    Stupid drenei, you are not a schoolgirl. You don't even have schools in outland.

Not my cup of tea, but curious where is this going.
  • Brytryne
    Tyler wrote: »
    She's very.. developed, for a school girl :S

They develop massive breasts at a disturbingly young age in Japan (or at least in the mangas), I'm just trying to stay true to the concept :P
    Kawe wrote: »
    crazy boobjobs. weird panties.

You mean under the tail? I can't raise them any higher really unless I make a hole for the tail which would look silly :\ Unless you mean something else in which case please specify =)
    LOL, not quite what i was expecting after clicking on the title, very fun concept... proceed..

Thanks, will do ^^

Swizzle wrote: »
    uxnJE.gif

I take it this means there's something wrong with the facial structure. I moved the eyes further into the head, she had as someone pointed out bug-like eyes and a lack of a proper eyebrow ridge. I think it's looking better now, still need to re-do the mouth though as I'm not happy with it at the moment. Needs to be more girly but not too much.
    uncle wrote: »
    Stupid drenei, you are not a schoolgirl. You don't even have schools in outland.

Not my cup of tea, but curious where is this going.

They do! But you can't see the uniforms because theyre hidden under the giant shoulderpatds.

Updates: Totem ear pieces, reworked the neck area er.. removed the tie. Lots of tweaks. Not sure what sleeve to go for. Also the ear needs more work. Also I need to put the spirit* wolves in there somehow. Maybe tattoos on the jugz.

draenei015a.jpg

draenei015b.jpg

draenei015c.jpg
  • Brytryne
    I think I'm closer to how a proper mouth looks like now, still though it's not quite there yet :\ Looks a bit too much like implants.

draenei017.jpg

Also I made feet accessories. I was aiming for socks but I couldn't make it not look stupid so I made some more armor oriented thing, it brings out the "melee" in the character a bit as well which is a plus I think.

draenei016.jpg
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    arms are looking kinda short.
  • Monolith
    Offline / Send Message
    Monolith polycounter lvl 18
    Something that has bothered me for quite a while whenever I see a Draenei model is how everyone does their horns.

Unlike those from a Satyr or animals of some sort they look more like beeing made of bones covered with skin and blending into the skull and not actually horns portruding through the skin of the head and attached to the skull.

That beeing said I think you should attempt to "streamline" them into her facial features like on this Official DC Figure.

Another thing ppl always seem to forget are the 2 pairs of dreadlocks behind each ear.
  • achillesian
  • Brytryne
    arms are looking kinda short.

True thanks :)
    Monolith wrote: »
    Something that has bothered me for quite a while whenever I see a Draenei model is how everyone does their horns.

Unlike those from a Satyr or animals of some sort they look more like beeing made of bones covered with skin and blending into the skull and not actually horns portruding through the skin of the head and attached to the skull.

That beeing said I think you should attempt to "streamline" them into her facial features like on this Official DC Figure.

Another thing ppl always seem to forget are the 2 pairs of dreadlocks behind each ear.

Aye good points, I've actually been using that picture for reference but I didn't want it to be a copy. I agree about the structure of the horns, they're not gonna penetrate the skin and have a separate color. I've been toying around with different sets of horns, got a few in the library actually. I was thinking the way to do them is to spam them with plygons of some sort of pattern and smooth or streamline parts of them like the smooth sections on the link you posted. As for the tentacles, had them removed while working on the ear :)
    300556529446_0.jpg_

:3
    I think she has prominent brows for a girl.: [

Hm! Does this look better?

draenei019a.jpg

draenei019b.jpg

I've been trying to make a more aesthetically pleasing face, not too extreme and not too, in lack of better words, neutral. I've also gone from the elf ear cliche to a more animal kinda ear,.