Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Schoolgirl Spacegoat

Hello forum o/

I'm doing a Draenei in a schoolgirl uniform pretty much, the original idea was to model one of my World of Warcraft toons but I ended up changing the idea to fit a more fanservice oriented concept. Armor is boring anyway :P

I haven't done much character 3D recently and I'm interested in figuring out the process between several high poly models (separate clothing et cetra) to one final low poly real time mesh with normals and all that shiznoz.

As far as I've gathred the ideal process is a rough concept mesh that's shaped out primarily in one of the sculpting tools but I decided to spend a fair amount of time defining the character pre-sculpt to get a hang of the software again and also have a cleaner mesh to work with.

I'm modeling in Maya and plan to sculpt and texture in Zbrush and retopo using Topogun.
Hair and teeth are placeholders so far, also I think I'll limit the stockings to just textures but I put them there anyway to get the feel right.

I'm kinda aimlessly modeling the shirt at this moment, in fact I'm a bit unsure at which point to call it the quits and start sculpting.

Feel free to rip me apart.

qoR5R.jpg

uMNO2.jpg

0W8IY.jpg