Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HK Mk.23 -wip opinions please!

HK_MK23_regular.png

HK_MK23_Wire.png

hey everyone so this is my first model in 3ds max and i want to better myself in this program so please some feedback would be great! ive worked with other programs before so its not my first 3d model just first in max. i would like some strong feedback before i go ahead with making attachments as well as highpolying and putting in more detail! i look forward from hearing from you guys! thanks

btw sorry about the crappy rendering, first time with max so i wasnt quite sure how to render nicely i promise better renders for future updates! =D

Replies

• polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reference pics would be a good start since not all of us are familiar with this gun. You have some crazy geometry esp around the bottom of the grip and above the trigger to the left of the safety. It also looks like you modeled everything on one piece, I haven't found the rule book about everything needs to be one piece.. I am just getting the hang of sub-d modeling myself, but looks to me that there is overall too much geometry... I always slap a turbosmooth in the beginning of a project so that I don't add redundant geo.

Hope that helps
  • blahahahahah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tmmk23_002.jpg

polygonfreak had a point i should have posted up a reference image for those who dont know how the gun looks. Also the gun was modeled in parts the mag, safety, hammer, mag release, barrel and barrel release are all separate parts. Next render ill set different material colours to each so it can be easier distinguished