Home Unreal Engine

pull-over meshes issue

Hi everyone!
i'm new to the forum and i would to ask you a question, maybe stupid but very important for me.
I made mi scene with the meshes, light system and everything i need, but for every try i did i can't remove that "artifact" that i see between two mesh, i continue to see the edge of the mesh like a thin vertical line of shadow projected on the consecutive mesh. The texture is ok and the models aligned good. The strange thing is that part of the models haven't this problem (the part of the roof), whereas in the wall yes. I thought that should be something with the light because that line seems shadows and the wall in front of the light haven't this problem, but the models are perfectly aligned! i really don't understand... T_T
Please help frown.gif

Replies

• Camikaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So you're getting a visible seam between two meshes that are identical (like a tiled wall mesh) and snapped together? Sounds like a lightmap issue - try increasing the lightmap resolution and rebuilding the map. You can adjust the lightmap resolution in the static mesh editor (double click on the mesh in the content browser).
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    yeah, check lightmaps. turn on lighting only mode and see if it looks jacked. other common offenders are normals turned the wrong way when you bake down, flipping the green channel in your normals, and smoothing groups on the map borders.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    also check out your normals on the mesh makes sure the normals are hard and poiting straight up where the 2 meshes meet, on both meshes.