Home Technical Talk

3ds Max 2012 Unwrap UVW Deselect Problem

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Steen polycounter lvl 16
Anybody else having problems getting out of the Unwrap UVW modifier? ctrl-b doesn't seem to be doing the trick, and neither does clicking the Select Object icon. If I have a modifier below it I can click that and get out, but I seem to be stuck when I apply the modifier to multiple objects.

I've already installed the hotfix. Am I losing my mind?

Replies

• Steen
    Offline / Send Message
    Steen polycounter lvl 16
    That's what I usually do, but can't seem to do currently. Ctrl-b should exit sub object mode right?
  • Mark Dygert
    Is ctrl-b a custom shortcut you set up? Isn't ctrl-b set to break?

Do you have Keyboard Shortcut Override turned on? Ctrl-b might be bound to something in UVW Unwrap than it is in the main UI so the Main UI shortcut is being overwritten by the UVW shortcut.

I did some custom scripting to get my 6 key to always exit sub-object mode.
    Simple script really "subobjectLevel = 0" wrapped in a macroscript header and bound to a key. 6 isn't bound to anything else so I never have a problem with KBSO.
  • Steen
    Offline / Send Message
    Steen polycounter lvl 16
    Thanks Mark. It didn't occur to me that break is ctrl-b when the uv editor is open. Turning off the override did the trick. I just don't understand why I never ran into this problem before. Anyway, I'm going to take your advice and map it to six. Thanks again!