Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pandaren Warrior WIP

Good day everybody! First time post here, so let's get to it....
Here's my current progress on my take on a Pandaren Warrior from the Warcraft Universe. I still have a fair amount of texture work to do, among other things.

Let me know what you think!

pandarenrender01.jpg

The armor is a bit inspired by some Dynasty Warriors stuff. I thought it went well with the Chinese theme and the WoW setting.

pandarenrender02.jpg

pandarenrender03.jpgpandarenrender04.jpg

Replies

• mediarhoades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update. Got the shoulders textured, next is the headpiece (well, feet actually. Got a little ahead of myself). Going to go back and tweak the textures on the hands too, as well as add a bit of a 'roughness' texture to some of the armor parts.pandarenrender05.pngpandarenrender06.png
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    The mouth looks way too wide. Look up some Pandaren concept art. Also, the colors really seem to be clashing. It doesn't look like they're contributing to the overall image that well. It might look better if the gold color had more of an orange hue.

I like those gold monster faces on the armor. I think these are the best part of the model so far. It might look better if the face on the back of the hand was gold as well.

The overall body shape doesn't seem very appealing. Kind of chunky and blobby without great form.

I'd make the hands bigger.

You've got some good texturing on this model, but other areas aren't there yet, such as the red cloth around his waist. Is that just held up by the belt? It looks like that would just fold over.

Six 3/4 shots, but none of his back?
  • mediarhoades
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey jmt, thanks for the crits. Really appreciate it.

Been reforming the head/mouth:

pandarenrender08.jpg
    pandarenrender07.jpg

When you mentioned the colors earlier, did you mean the reds (specifically the red cloth) were causing the clashing? I get what you mean though with adding a bit of orange to the gold parts.

I was also toying with the idea of putting some kinda Chinese-esque pattern on the red cloth as well. We'll see after I've worked over the texturing some more.

As far as altering the physique, I've sucked in his fattyness just a bit around the mid section, but I'm thinking it'll need a little more tweaking before I'm happy with it. I'll post more updates later this evening/tomorrow morning after work. Thanks again!
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    I mostly meant that the color scheme is overall very grey/brown, but with a lot of bright yellow. The red is adding to the overall random look of the colors, but might look good if the yellow was changed.

This is just my opinion, but I'd either give him the body of a buff-looking gorilla or a big fat ogre.