Home Unreal Engine

UDK Decals will not display on particular static meshes

Ok so I'm having this issue where decals are showing up on some meshes, but randomly not on others.

Its not just certain instances of a mesh. Its every instance of a certain mesh. The bench that I demonstrate below has this problem for every instance of it. Its not just this one decal, its every decal that I attempt to apply to that mesh.

The material setups have been the same for a while now and this problem popped out of nowhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the November 2010 build of UDK

I have images posted on my blog to go along with this:

Work of Matt Blog

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    does this happen when you run the game? I have noticed that sometimes decals won't show up in the editor but will show up in game.

Otherwise have a look at the the decal filter settings on the decal.

or have a look at the static meshes and make sure "bacceptdecals" is checked.
  • googlematt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is in editor and in game. I have made sure they are in the same level(we are using level streaming) and accept decals is active on all meshes.

It just randomly cropped up with 3 weeks of production left...its the crunch gremlins
  • mbullister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mbullister polycounter lvl 18
    Make sure that "enable per poly collision" is checked on every element (sub-object material) which you want decals to affect. This is found under the LODInfo of the static mesh, where you entered which materials to use.

This sometimes defaults to off-- I'm guessing it's your problem.

You may have to save the package to see the effect in-level.
  • googlematt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well that worked, thanks a lot mbullister. I will post the fix on my blog.