Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush Character [W.I.P] Firt time GO!

Hey guy im trying to get my character skills up so here is something i am trying to make and hopefully get better as i go... it`s going to have an end scene which he will be sitting in a Russian Military office talking to a general... he is a Russian Intelligence Spy. Im not sure if this type of body works well for a Spy.

Father-1.jpg

Please C & C go rough on me... i need to get my character skill up i got a decent amount of reference to could not get that great large detailed images so i grabbed what i could find that was good...

and something on the side i did a weird demonic/alien looking thing... just wanna throw it in there cause i can...

Alien2.jpg

Replies

• HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey...

Just did a few changes to the body and face... changed a few things around. let me know what you see wrong with it.

body.jpg

C&C please. and dont worry about being to rough i need the feedback... thanks
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    USE your reference...set up image planes in zbrush and compare your model ..the inaccuracies will be apparent
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i would advise you to look for a better reference, because there are quite a bit of things wrong with this.
    for example:
    the infraspinatus fascia and the teres minor and major are represented as a huge blob on the back and there seems to be no apparent trapezius
    and the butt has a really odd shape to it.
    if you're using other peoples models as a reference, you're doomed to repeat the mistakes they have made.

you should do a google image search for muscles and get a huge lot of reference pics.
    medical anatomy pictures as well as real people.

side by side comparison is great for all the free reference pics you can find on the net...
    finding something that really works good as a background picture is a bit harder, but possible
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @low odor: thanks have been checking my reference again and have been spotting the issues.

@MoreDread: ok am working on those parts that look wrong. got loads of reference and a cup of coffee :) i decided to remake the model because i had made toes and i dont want toes due to that he will be wearing boots.

Thanks for your comments guys... hope to see some more... will be posting an update soon.
    thanks...

should have put Anatomy Study as title.:(
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys here is a small update... let me know what you think... here you are

body-2.png

and as mentioned before, no such thing as a comment to rough... the rougher the comments that try to lead me to my goal the better.
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    much better already!
    ok lets see.. you could slightly lower the eyes, pull back the chin a little and move the forehead forward.
    the shoulders seem just a little bit too wide in front view, and you should pay more attention to where the pectoralis disappears under the deltoid in the armpit area. the biceps seems to just be emerging out of nowhere on the arm, it should originate from that same spot that the pectoralis disappears in.
    lower the clavicle and especially the sternum to give that collarbone a bit of a curvature.
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Dread, i have fixed up those few errors am gonna start with the hands :poly114: my worst fear... will post again soon stay tuned...
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    That pretty much looks like my first male character in Zbrush ^^ Probably a lot better than mine though ;) Keep going man :)
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks Chris, your work inspires me man... keep it up.

So i fixed those small issues pointed out by Dread (i hope i did not cause more of a mess while trying to fix them) I added the hand with some small detail to see which works best but it not easy to make wrinkles with a mouse hopefully will be getting a drawing pad soon. So here he is the man of the hour :P

body-1.png