Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First time poster - Crypt in Progress

Hello Polycount community! This is my first time sharing here. Feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-GamerBetty21

zwjMQ.jpg

Replies

• planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice scene, good texturing, is that in an engine or not ? if so is it possible to add detail textures/normal maps ? would add a lot to the scene, and if you could parrallax map the floor or add a little bit of geometry could be an improvement.

looks very nice either way though.
  • letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks noisy and flat
  • jimmypopali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Gamerbetty. Is this a render in 3dsmax/Maya etc ? Or in an engine like UDK/Unity etc?
    The textures are looking a little stretched/blurry - it's evident from the pillar on the left. I think that would be an unwrapping issue, as the other textures are looking good (unwrapping wise).

Also, it's so dark! Very rarely you should see pure black in a lot of lighting. Given there is a bright light source, multiple smaller light sources (off camera) and ambient light, there should be no reason for such harsh shadows.

Would be good to see some close ups of the focus, as this shot isn't really giving me a focus. I need something to look at! :)
  • gamerbetty21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies! In answer to your questions:
    Yes, this was a screen shot in UDK engine, I'm new to creating shaders/materials in UDK so i don't know how to use normal maps effectively yet.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll fix the UVs and the textures and add normal maps. And I'll work on the lighting too :)

I'll post an update once i have more complete.

-GamerBetty21