Home Technical Talk

Meshmixer 05 Released (Epic)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ralusek polycounter lvl 10
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV0wJGovQwM[/ame]

it has it's typical mesh mixer stuff from before, but recent features make it a legitimate competitor to the other sculpting applications today.

here are a couple of sculpts i found on the site (they're not great, but a good demonstration of stuff you can really quickly prototype):
5659228624_4ceaefb497_b.jpg
5638746122_a9d4c1e500_b.jpg

Replies

• jimmypopali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It actually just looks fun to model in that, although it relies on geometry to compute moves you do, you don't really even need to worry about it. Looks great.
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    Now just make one that keeps all quads and I'll use it :]
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    ceebee wrote: »
    Now just make one that keeps all quads and I'll use it :]

3dcoat is on the way, not all quad in the app but all quad export possible.
    Wait for liveclay full implementation.

Also wait for sculptris beta 6, some "rumor" say that a full quad mode is possible and a goz bridge in the pipe...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The same guy who's doing that is also working on an implementation for Blender. I believe that's what got him hired to work on 3dCoat.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Wait, I'm confuzzled, this seems like a MASSIVE leap in the sculpting area of things, even compared to Sculptris or Ptex in many ways, why aren't people more 'on jizz-alert' mode with this news?

Am I missing something? Does 3DC do this already (I checked and didn't see anything amazing) or ZBrush? Does Mudbox have it's own system? What going on? WHY AM I ONLY HEARING AND SEEING OF THIS TECH NOW?!

I swear, if I don't get answers in the next 2 hours, I'll cause a rapture and punch a white whale...