Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Soph=)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Soph=) polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys, thought id start one of these to get feedback and crit on my work as im really trying to improve myself and one day land a job as a character artist in a games company :) so please crit away!

Thought id start with a few bits ive been working on recently..

This is Artemis, (I still need to texture her) so is definetly a WIP but i started this when i joined CG Societys 'High End Fantasy Character Art: with Katon Calloway' it was agreat course and i learnt so much, i just wish i had had more time to devote to it :(

Artemis_pose_2.jpg

Artemis_pose_ANDREW_1.jpg

And this is the baked down version at 11,300 tris..

LP_N_AO_basic.jpg

My latest piece i am working on is Dr. Facilier, based on the Disney Character from 'The Princess and the Frog'. I really wanted to go for a mix between stylised and realistic, kinda similar style to the characters from 'Brink' (I cant wait for that game!>.<) the skull on the hat is kinda floating at the mo, im still unsure on how its going to attach to the hat =/ but for now just concentrating on getting the proportions and detail in on the high res.

1004goodman02_Dr_Facilier.jpg

dr_03.jpg

dr_02.jpg

Skulls.jpg

Skukk_textured.jpg

low res version of head, with early texturing, i want to paint all the textures by hand ultimatley...

Dr_facilier_04.jpg

And finally where im currently at, just got the base mesh body ready, i think im happy with the proportions so time to start to get detail in now.

dr_05.jpg

As i said constructive crit always welcome :)