Home Unreal Engine

UDK CSG subtract problem

hey guys

I have problem with CSG subtract option.
When i press the CSG add button its working properly, but when i try the subtract, nothing happens I have this problem since i started using UDK.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What type of level are you working in? additive or subtractive? Subtract will only work if you are working in a subtractive level or are trying to subtract from an additive brush.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    also if you have a CSG subtract brush that is the same size of a CSG add brush, it will either do nothing, or completely disappear. a friend of mine had a level that i went through to clean up, and 1 area had about 8 CSG add/subtract brushes on top of 1 another, but the add still showed over them all.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, and you can change the order the brushes are calculated in by right clicking them and going to "Order".
  • REK-3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This may sound stupid, but how i can change the geometry style in the newest UDK build?

I tested subtractive and additive mode in unreal 3 editor and this time it does not show even add brush in additive mode.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    as far as i know in the newer versions of udk.. its only additive mode now. just using ctrl+A will create an additive brush.. and ctrl+s makes a subtractive. if you want to change from 1 to another.. right click on it, go to CSG and you can choose which to use there..

hope that helps
  • REK-3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okey, i find the way how to change mode now, but still nothing happens.
    I think it doesnt work because i am using ati radeon hd 5700. I installed udk with my laptop with has nvidia driver, and the subtract brush worked. I had driver issue also with source sdk. So i expected that there is same kind of issue in udk.