Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Melted Mutant Zombie Thing

Something I worked on recently, maybe use sharpen tool to much but blaaaaa. Hope you guys like it =)http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=828266#post828266 will find also sss2 setting on this. its still a great shader and improving but I think when i get vray 2.0 it will be even better. :poly127:

MeltedManZombieFull_003.jpgMeltedManZombieFull_002.jpgFrontMeltedMan_01.jpgCloseUpMeltedMan_01.jpg

Replies

• SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah this is awesome, what sharpen tool do you speak of? Unsharp mask in photoshop or something? Either way I think it's cool how different your grey sculpt looks from your textured version, I never would have envisioned it could have came out that awesome looking but it certainly did. Well done!
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man =) I promised myself to texture all my work from now on. Doing a sculp or a modeling job is just half the work wihout texturing it.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Nice job, it reminds me of something out of id software's new game RAGE.

The only thing that I do not like is the calves, you made these skinny legs and then monstrous blown out calves. I know its a zombie and it probably does not matter but they draw my eyes right to them.

Everything else is awesome though.
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    Wow man, that's fucking sick. :thumbup:
    One thing is really bothering me though; the hair is too fuzzy. I feel it should be greasy and messy.

Edit: Oh god, I know where I've seen this before...
    Om5mX.png
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? This is sculpted in on zbrush. I think many of my pattern tho are influenced by hellboy in small portions. Threwout my work. And Pans Labyrinth. I love thos little patterns.
    Ah also for the miss proportions of the body, he is a "Mutant", a styalizen one at that. I attached 2 more pics to show ya XD.
    FullBackMeltedMan_01.jpgSideShoulderMelted_01.jpg
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    lol yes the pattern on the leg reminds me of an image with maggots/larvae nesting in skin... So if you went for nasty I think you hit it spot on there ;)

He looks awesome, good job dude.
    Something I'm wondering though, his arms show no deformation on the grey sculpt screenshot, but they look really burned/damaged in the texture version. Is the grey screenshot and earlier version? Or was the damage added in photoshop?

Oh and I second the fluffy hair comment, I think greasy would fit him more. Or something hot like this:
    combover.jpg
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah the skin burn. The way i did this was textured it first, then took the model back to Zbrush, then sculpted over the texture to create the deformation. Quite a nice way of working..modeling with textures XD.
    Yes I agree this hair is much nicer that you gave me. Half the hair was painted in photoshop. But I want to make "death", in the first season of Supernatural. I love this old guy, his character is very menacing. I might re render the hair once I have more time. Know of any good hair plug in compatible with vray?
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Hehe that makes sense actually, if you can use a model for textures why not do it the other way around too :D

Sorry I'm not much of a hair or vray guy, so can't help you there D:
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man xd I think then I will just get a hair style, and steal it from a picture. Everyone seems to be doing this recently -_-
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all =) Did a big re render a 5000 pixels. Took some time for te render to finish but its worth it i think =)MMZ_Small_0001.jpg