Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    nice work man!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Mmmmmmmmmm, I remember Andrew and Tim talking about you, crazzzyyy good art man. Are you currently shopping around for a new gig?

I LOVE how what you did with the rock textures, seamlessly blending them like that, very very smart, going to try and remember that trick.

Great work!
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    those textures are amazing! Can i ask what your workflow is for creating those?
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lincolnhughes polycounter lvl 10
    Mmmmmmmmmm, I remember Andrew and Tim talking about you, crazzzyyy good art man. Are you currently shopping around for a new gig?

I LOVE how what you did with the rock textures, seamlessly blending them like that, very very smart, going to try and remember that trick.

Great work!

Thanks man! Got a pretty solid contract position at Relic in Vancouver. How's Digital Extremes? Sounds like both Andy and Kev are loving it
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,
    just updated my website with some final images of that mountain path scene I was working on in udk. Next week it'll get another update with some screens of ssx as well :)
    http://www.lincoln-hughes.com/Pages/foliage.html

mpath_01.jpg
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    Straight into my "Incredible 3D Portfolio's" favorites folder.
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shinobix polycounter lvl 16
    nice trees dude! You were always really good at the foliage jobs!!
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks bud! 6 months of working on trees will do that....
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Yea, I think he just didn't give credit here on polycount. From his site:
    Cave Model / Texture completed by me
    All lighting and props created by Bioware Austin

At the bottom of his work for the game
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh ok word, false alarm than. Those tilesets and models just looked all to familiar.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    ScottPetty wrote: »
    Um, hold up- werent those caves outsourced to china or did they end up having you texture and model some stuff? I know for a fact most of the art in those pictures were outsourced and not created by you.

I dont recall the contract environment guys getting to make art at all and even most of the non contract environment artists for that matter. Also the eggs on the roof honey comb prefab was mine, but still good work mate.

I just would be careful about giving the impression you created the art assets if you didnt since 95% of art on TOR was outsourced.

Big Sandwich games here in vancouver worked for almost a year as an outsource partner. Linc and shinobi did a ton of artwork for the game, I was on Socom at the time and was pretty envious of the stuff they were making. I'm still suprised with how much stuff they were able to make. I know for a fact Linc did a ton of the modular cave stuff both models and textures, because I specificlly remmeber him wanting to tear his hair out at multiple points in time :P
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I also made the entire base mesh / majority of textures (both me and shinobix) for the imperial cantina building shown in my portfolio...
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh ok im seeing it now, i swear i looked at this portfolio a while back and saw he was a contract environment artist on TOR which surprised me because those guys dont even get 3dsmax or photoshop. They are 100% worldbuilding.

Awesome work than Lincoln, false alarm on my part bro. Cheers!

edit- i deleted my previous post.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's all good man :)
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, Linc and I worked on TOR for roughly 9 to 12 months, somewhere in that ballpark. The assets that we covered varied greatly.
    Linc did most of the cave base meshes and all the cave rock textures. I helped him out with a few assets near the end when the deadlines were becoming tight.
    He also worked on some Sith Empire building sets and interiors, plus he did the cantena interior as well.
    Other areas of the game that we at BSG worked on were the Republic base, interior and exterior, Sith Empire fortress, the Huttesse planet stuff, and Tatooine.
    It was a great working experience with the guys down in Austin, they really had their stuff together and what they provided us with was extremely organized and concise.
    I know that Linc and I found it to be a dream come true, to work on Star Wars. I got to work on Tatooine!! I mean how F'ing cool is that!!?
    Ahhh, the good old days :D
    Linc was a key member of the team at BSG and definitely pulled his weight when it came time to crunch and work until the sun was coming up. He slept on my couch a lot too during those days. Haha.
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shinobix wrote: »
    Yes, Linc and I worked on TOR for roughly 9 to 12 months, somewhere in that ballpark. The assets that we covered varied greatly.
    Linc did most of the cave base meshes and all the cave rock textures. I helped him out with a few assets near the end when the deadlines were becoming tight.
    He also worked on some Sith Empire building sets and interiors, plus he did the cantena interior as well.
    Other areas of the game that we at BSG worked on were the Republic base, interior and exterior, Sith Empire fortress, the Huttesse planet stuff, and Tatooine.
    It was a great working experience with the guys down in Austin, they really had their stuff together and what they provided us with was extremely organized and concise.
    I know that Linc and I found it to be a dream come true, to work on Star Wars. I got to work on Tatooine!! I mean how F'ing cool is that!!?
    Ahhh, the good old days :D
    Linc was a key member of the team at BSG and definitely pulled his weight when it came time to crunch and work until the sun was coming up. He slept on my couch a lot too during those days. Haha.

I envy you guys, i learned a TON of worldbuilding experience working on the game but my art skills went down the drain lol. You guys had the fun job!
  • shinobix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott, the texturing part was super fun. Everything was hand painted from scratch. Nothing was taken from photo ref. Which at first was a big challenge, but by the end of it, we were whipping through textures like crazy people. That's where Linc really shined. He's a better painter than I am, so it was fun to watch his techniques and stuff while working on it.
    I really miss working with the Bioware folks. They were a great bunch of guys, and probably one of my best professional experiences so far.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i remember having never watched the temple of doom. Then after staying at shinobi's house for 3 nights in a row, I was finally able to finish watching the movie lol.... omfg shortround and spielberg's wife were incredibly fucking annoying. By far the shittiest of the trilogy. Notice how I called it a trilogy, and not a quadrilogy.....
  • Serith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serith polycounter lvl 9
    great site! great work!
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    Really awesome work! Your website is also pretty good.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a new painting I've been working on. I always hated painting characters, but thought I would give it a shot. I haven't been painting for awhile, so it wasn't planned properly and halfway through ended up unsatisfied with the pose. I kinda hate his left arm, and I'm sure there are perspective / anatomy issues galore. Let me know if you see anything, cheers guys
    alien_02.jpg

ps: I'm sure some of you will notice how heavily inspired by this pic I was, obviously mine still needs a ton of work to get to the same level of coolness :) :
    http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wallpapers/tv_movies/aliens/16741_aliens_xenomorph_alien.jpg
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
    wow great work!
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    been working on this painting recently. It started as a 3d mass effect sci fi hallway, and then turned into a painting.. Still wip :)

underwater_shot_a-1.jpg
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new painting wip:
    b2bbc706-de16-4415-846f-cc22e75ff936.jpg
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Cool stuff, babycakes
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol babycakes... wtf
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    lol i call my gf babycakes. there some romance going on between you two? :P

oh ya, awesome work!
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shameless crosspost from "What you're working on":

Finally got these approved for public viewing today :) It's some level art that I did for Watchdogs. Keep in mind that all lighting and modeling / texturing was done by Ubisoft.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib4M7D99q6A"]Watch_Dogs level art demo - Lincoln Hughes - YouTube[/ame]

wd_lh_05.jpg
    wd_lh_02.jpg
    wd_lh_01.jpg
    wd_lh_07.jpg
    wd_lh_03.jpg
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quickly painted some color into this:
    ff4d235f-c176-4a3b-8792-44bc49dc02d9.jpg