Home Unreal Engine

UDK doesn´t save my Packages?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Cheese_Shinobi polycounter lvl 9
I recently re-installed UDK on my new secondary harddrive, and then I set about to finnish a scene I´ve been busy with. But when I try to save my Package with all my meshes and textures, it doesn´t seem to want to save them.

I re-start the program to check, and more then half of my meshes are gone from the package.

The mesh files themselves are located on my primary harddrive, does that have anything to do with it?

Really appreciate some tip on this, I´m very nooby at UDK and trying to learn, but this just complicates things so much.

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    when you go to save the level or package.. does it just not do anything? or does it give u an error?
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I'd say try to keep everything in one location, I don't know about this issue but I just click the X and It asks me if I want to save my packages, or if I didn't save them already, I always click yes.

Good luck though.

By one location I mean one folder.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is this package the one that gets created when you make a new udk file?

Are the meshes that disappear from your package currently being used in your scene? I think UDK likes to dump stuff out of the package if you aren't using it...at least it seemed that way for me.

Try placing the meshes in he scene and saving and see if they show up when you reload.