Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Street Fighter 3 - Oro - PolyMonstar

Newest update :(

OroUnfinished2.jpg
OroUnfinished1.jpg

Well, I conciede that Im not going to finish this by 10:59PM CST

But, for the few nights I got to actualy put work into this, Im still somewhat happy. I want to continue to finish it, I just wish I had made it into the actual tournament.

Comments would be greatly appreciated, Ive foundmyself stumbling about wishing for input.

Replies

• PolyMonstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oro1aa.jpg
    Oroagain1.jpg
    orowip.jpg

Working the idea for Oro's redesign out right now, dont worry, the left arm will be gone soon. Backstory will be a bit of a change from the original, but keeping as sort of a dark mirror of the originals storyline. I just wish I played fighters as a kid, and had come up with a chance to work on this sooner. 4 days, oh my god.

Update -

Scrapped last nights sculpt, too caucasian for a guy born in japan I think.

Went a different freeform route with the face. I think it looks a lot better as a base, and closer to the sketches.

Tomorrow, I break it down into individual assets and add the lower legs, arm, and.. well, lets just
    see how it goes by tomorrow.
    oromsk1bdy.jpgoro1bdy.jpgoroback1.jpg

OroMask1.jpgOroNoMask1.jpg
  • PolyMonstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chiniara wrote: »
    Nice sculpting man, really awesome , but its just me or he looks like a woman?

When i saw only the face in WAYWO i thought he was a girl.

But its just me.

NO no, youre spot on with one of my issues.

I have a hard time discerning what exactly to do to make a face more masculine, or more feminine, without going over board. In this case, Im going for someone who looks asian, but also smoothed and artificial *to go with the character re-wright*

I think once I change the eyes on the rebuild things should come out a bit better.
    Thanks for the crit, and the complement on my shoddy sculpting ability! :poly009:
  • PolyMonstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, im not gonna make it :/ But I guess ill keep on trucking with the character, so I have him finished for showing off later. Updated image in first post.