Home Technical Talk

need help

with mounting images and not finding any isos in my package. Do i take all the .rars and mount them because that doesn't work. How do i combine all my rars into an iso or is that not the way either?

thanks

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    what are you trying to accomplish ISO's are disk images for optical media and rar is just a archive so theses are completely different things.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i thought i was supposed to get an iso but instead i got like 20 rar packages
  • feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
    What's in the rars? Family photos, no doubt.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya it sounds like he is just trolling or lacks pirate skills.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Naw man, he's just being environmentally friendly!

normalimnopiratedemotiv.jpg
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    am i to assume you guys buy all your newest softwares, maya 2012, max and cs5 legitimately. i doubt that

seems i need to look somewhere else. or someone kind please pm me some help

thanks
  • Artifice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    p3r4app01 wrote: »
    am i to assume you guys buy all your newest softwares, maya 2012, max and cs5 legitimately. i doubt that

I wouldn't assume anything. It inevitably makes you look silly. I also wouldn't post about pirating software on a board where a lot of people make their living developing and selling software. That'd be silly too.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont care if its silly i just want help
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how about illegal then?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    @Artifice and throttlekitty: You guys are better than this, why are stooping down to the level of a person who not only is asking a mighty iffy question, but who most likely has a mindset which won't change, I will not understand. However, you guy could do something better, report him and let the mods take care of the problem.

Don't stoop to their level and don't engage people who not only are clearly lazy, but most likely won't even spend a week learning whatever software they are learning before calling it quits, you guys are better then this, do it for your health and report the guy, that is all for the better, there is no reason to engage such a person on any level which will bring to fruition any resolution (other then maybe 1920x1080).

@p3r4app01:
    You don't seem to even have read the basic EULA when SIGNING up on the site, it was clearly stated both in the forum sign up agreement as well several different other areas such as the introduction thread that asking questions of illegal and piracy nature are not tolerated nor welcome, and yet you go ahead and do it for some bloody stupid reason, and then act all smug about it, by telling the community off for 'as if you didn't do it' kind of attitude, which is up there being smug as Nathan Drake.

Yes, it is, for a lack of better terms, bloody stupid (I'll forgo the silly word) on asking a question to which we have to answer which will aid in an act which most of us do not condone nor approve of, but which will also land many of us in hot waters with the community. Not only that, but if you had a single neuron cell within your gray matter, you would actually have Googled the bloody answer instead of asking here, you can find ANYTHING on Google, even this very question which upto date has been asked about a bajillion times three fold.

Many of us work in the industry, be it movie and/or games, and we have nothing but respect for the people who work on their side of things everyday as much as they screw up or succeed and as much as we hate or love a software, piracy becomes a debate in every facet of life and we simply won't engage in an all out statement on us supporting it because it will be a slap on the face to every boy and gal who worked on said product to ensure it was brought to us at the end of the day.

You signed up on this forum AGREEING to not bring the debate or outright statement of having pirated a software, yet you went ahead and did it. I wish well in your future endeavors, but in all cases, you could have saved yourself alot of time, thread ranting and shame if you went about this issue with a little bit of thought.

Cheers and ciao.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well i would say most of the users of this forums do own all there software.
    for a few reasons.

they are professionals and make money at this.

they are students and get a discount.

or if there none of the above and are teaching them-selfs and they made the investment since the believe in them selfs and know they can actually do something with there skills later on to pay for it.

oh and not to mention respect for other peoples work.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    time to create a new account i guess
    i didn't know you guys were so elitist around here
    but rules are rules i guess. i don't know what "hot water" you guys would get into by just giving out advice
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    p3r4app01 wrote: »
    time to create a new account i guess
    i didn't know you guys were so elitist around here
    but rules are rules i guess. i don't know what "hot water" you guys would get into by just giving out advice

the hot water they are referring to is that lots of employers from the industry are on this forum so if you do something hugely stupid here say goodbye to any jobs in the field.

and how does not helping you rip someone off make use elitist it actually just shows we have respect for other people hard work which is a good quality to have.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never said I dont respect noobs. but what does respecting people have to do with using illegal software versions? what is the connection
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We have active community members from the companies you are probably trying to exploit. It is out of respect for them, their hard work and their continued effort for our industry and community that we don't actively advocate undermining their efforts.

Also there are more legitimate users here than you probably realize.

Consider the people who are in the industry are more than likely using legit software and there are a lot on these boards.
    Consider the freelancers who aren't stupid and don't risk their reputation and expose the companies they contract with to litigation by using pirated software.
    Consider that if you're going to treat this as a career you are going to pay for your tools like a carpenter will pay for his. Once you decide to take this seriously you should step up to the professional level and act like one.

You're particular question isn't tolerated because it opens polycount up to legal issues, it tarnishes our collective reputation and lowers our standards. Besides there are PLENTY of places you can go to for that kind of info...

Also video game piracy in general is a very touchy subject around here... its viewed as stealing money directly out of the accounts that pay peoples salaries and fund development of games. Advocating piracy around here is like saying you really don't ever expect to be paid any more than toaster shaking for your craft.

http://www.polycount.com/2011/03/08/polycount-piracy/
  • p3r4app01
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @p3r4app01 Autodesk has an educational licence that is 100% free. http://students.autodesk.com/ You just need a .edu email address. If you don't have one, ask a friend that does, or start school. Piracy is a very touchy subject as you can now see, next time ask hows the best way to get software instead of assuming piracy is the only way.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I am a student but I can't work on the site to get the software. After I put in my email and click Step2 nothing happens. I reloaded the page, tried again and then checked my school email. nothing

:(
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    Check their support page on the education site, there's a link for contacting them for help if registration isn't working.
  • p3r4app01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sent them an email on the support page
    Wait 2 weeks i guess
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also since your just learning you could just go with the pile of cheap or free apps out there.

Silo is a very powerful polygon modeler and goes for $150 which is pretty cheap than you can fill out what it cant do with free apps like XNormal for baking your textures maps, blender for any renders, exporting and scene management you need to do, mesh-lab for decimating meshes if needed.

i have maya 2012 but i actually do most of my modeling in silo since i prefer it and i do all my texture map baking in XNormal since it is quicker and simpler than doing it in maya, so it is not like some of these cheaper tools are inferior to autodesk products. i actully pretty much olny use maya for arrange assets in a scene, animation, and rendering which blender could easily handle if i didnt have maya.
  • Wrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wrath polycounter lvl 18
    passerby wrote: »
    the hot water they are referring to is that lots of employers from the industry are on this forum so if you do something hugely stupid here say goodbye to any jobs in the field.

I've never not hired a person because they admited to pirating a piece of software.
This discussion has been closed.