Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP demon head

Several versions. All in Zbrush, starting from a generic model.
What else besides horns (well, I feel almost forced to add them by now) do you think fitting for such a char?

wipdh.jpg

Replies

• fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe small horns may do
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    whats up with those creases running down their cheeckbone/chin area?
    Looks really odd.
    I would just focus on picking on head and working on it further, making sure to get the forms right at each subdivision level before going up to the next.

Keep at it bro.
  • barri allen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Bonebrew, actually, all those are proceeding stages towards a final idea.
    Yep, cheekbones are definitely unrealistic in the earlier stages, you're right, I'm working on them cheeks. The lower cut is at lvl 3 of division, about 240k polys.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    The overall shapes of the face seem off, the creases on the cheeks on some of them are just too unnatural, the other large thing that sticks out is the brow, it's very large and deformed on the 3 later versions.

It doesn't have to look human but it does need to have more of a defined bone structure with muscle laid over it, maybe try figuring out a skull for this and focusing on doing only one version for now. Once you have sculpted out a basic scull then you could create a mesh over that using anatomy logic to figure out the muscles.

The key is to remember practicallity, i can't think of any more ways to suggest other things for now as i'm super tired but if you want more just ask haha.