Home Technical Talk

~~Mecha Xnormal Help~~

Hi,

I have a major problem preventing me from converting my high poly to my low poly mesh. I know the problem, but I just don't have the solution...

Well here is the problem,
I began creating my mecha model, and I used duplicate special scale -1 in maya to quickly place mechanical parts parts symmetrically in maya. The only parts I used it on were my arms and legs of my mech. And thus the normals and the polys are inverted to create the parts on one side. I combined mesh for the both my arms and legs after I was done. So as I went on creating my model, I may have accidently deleted my original poly when I started uving. My high poly that I brought into z brush is based on my low poly.

When I bring the high poly and the low poly into Xnormal, it crashes before it can generate any maps for me, I think what I stated above is the cause of the problem...
So I was wondering if anybody knows how to solve this.
Either by converting the copied poly into the original or a method to finding the original poly for my arm and legs.

I hope some one here might have the answer, because I can't find anything online. =(

mechaprob.jpgmechprob2.jpgmechprob3.jpgmechaprob4.jpg

Replies