Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spyro The Dragon (Teenage Version?)

I have never posted here before. I was one of those people who sat in the back and kept silent, despite always wanting to join the fun.

I have a project I'm working on now. Spyro The Dragon, but in a teen form. This is the head shot with the wireframe, just in case anyone cares to see it. I'm adding in some details that I'm sure spyro fans might resent, but I want to make him look a little cooler with this model. Anyways, no troubles yet! Just wondering if anyone had some ideas for me to add in or something. Crits are welcome as well. I'll update more as the process continues.

spyrostage1-1.jpg

spyrostage_wire.jpg

Replies

• Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Updates man! Nobody wants a boring low-poly head, lets see the rest of what you're working on. Two comments:

If you're going to keep everything on one smoothing groups, I would chamfer some smaller angles into several sharp parts on the model, primarily the little head-fin-flaps that stick out of the side of his head, where some of your polygons take 90-130 degree turns.

At this point, just take screengrabs to show us the wire-frame, on a more complex model, I would have no idea what would be going on with all the see-through hooey. Even better, use a composite map to multiply the wireframe onto a standard material.
  • TheUncutAngel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84366 <--as you can tell, the thread moved there.. i don't know how to delete threads. lol