Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Undead Fat

I working on this character from The Sorcerous and the Unicorn (2005) which is concept by jason chan www.jasonchanart.com
concept by jason chan
undead_fat.jpg

undeadfat_wip1.jpg

I have question about his neck it look like he has wave like flesh on his neck or is blood marks
undeadfatneck.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    he shouldn't have that strong of a jaw line, I'd say its mostly the blood.
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ZacD ok will do it...but if you look closely it look like wavy flesh maybe it flesh but not that strong
    will update character soon
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I agree with Zach, It looks like just blood, but you could have those muscles if you want, but tone it down a bit.
  • BeserK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeserK polycounter lvl 12
    I reckon you should get rid of his angry eyebrows, I think most of the angry look in the concept comes from the wrinkles and lines on his forehead, and I agree with ZacD about the jawline, also have a look at the forearms, could be thicker... looking great though, can't wait to see your progress!
  • feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
    He's definitely got too much definition atm. The concept has a kinda of maggot-like appearance. Theres no jaw line at all and no lips. You should also move the ears further down. You need to make his pectorals less chiseled and more man-booby.
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the delay
    Worked on overall proportions and face. I still not sure about his face...
    undeadfat_wip2.jpg
    undeadfat_face_wip1.jpg
    @ BeserK,aajohnny,feanix thanks for feedback
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    here is your problem, you are trying to copy the concept pixel by pixel while ignoring the high level anatomy.

before you take the concept too literally you need to have a model that looks anatomically sound. once again this model is at a stage where i couldn't provide a single paint-over to show you the flaws because there are way too many flaws and they are from various angle other than the screenshots you posted. for example, the whole arm is in a wierd curvature and has deformed muscle shapes.

the easy way to show you what is wrong would be actually make the changes to your model from my end.

as for the neck marks, they could be blood, could be flesh or could be cut marks. but it really doesn't matter what they are, you model has bigger problems. step down to lower subd level and fix the anatomy first.

dont take this comment negatively, i am just trying to make an honest observation. you need to step back and study anatomy before you can advance to this level of complexity.
    just keep at it and work hard.