Home Technical Talk

Mental Ray bakes blurry AO maps?!?!?!?

Hi there,
I'm in the middle of my uni project at the moment, and everything went alright up to this point...
I'm trying to render AO map / complete map with render to texture for my low poly tank model using mental ray. Well the problem is that... whenever it bakes the AO / complete map it ends up blurry... a LOT O_O all that is applied to the model is white phong material, sklight in the scene and thats it, havent changed anything else. The size is set to 2048x2048, even if i change it to lower res it still renders it blurry. obviously opened the file in PS to see how it really looks, and...it really IS blurry >___>

that is how it looks:

wth2.jpg?t=1303840126

I also noticed that whenever I change the renderer to mental ray it also makes the materials samples in material editor looking really blurry, here's a screenshot of that: (left - scanline renderer; right - mental ray)

wth1.jpg?t=1303840435

I would use scanline renderer to bake my AO map but for some reason when i use it, some shadows seem to be flipped, like in places where it should be light it's dark even tho none of the faces on my tank are flipped. Mental ray renders it corectly.... BUT as you can see makes it all go blurry.

I'm stuck with this for the past few days now, looked up I think everywhere and still cant solve it. I don't use mental ray often so it might be a simple thing that I just accidentally clicked =_='' but if anyone can help, I would be really gratefull >.<

P.S I'm using max 2011