Home Technical Talk

Marmoset Crashes when I load Skeleton.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
dwgagner polycounter lvl 7
Getting an access violation error when I load the .skel file for my animated mesh.

Work flow atm is this: I modeled, rigged and animated in 3ds max before I knew that you can only import animated meshes to marmoset from Maya. I exported as FBX from max with bake animation on. Loaded up in maya just fine, used the stooge script to export with: "Write Tangents/Bitangents / Write Rig File / Write Bone Weights and Skeleton" All enabled, everything else is unchecked.

Ended up with 3 files, a .mesh .skel and .rig, went into marmoset, loaded mesh just fine, everything was in the right spot. As soon as I attempt to load the .skel file it gives me an access violation error and crashes.

Has anyone run into this issue? I feel like I'm missing a step or am exporting from Maya wrong. The animation plays fine in Maya when I import from Max.

Any advice would be great, also I updated my graphics drivers just in case as well as updated the FBX plugin for both maya and max to latest versions and made no difference.

Replies