Home General Discussion

Interactive Trailers Discussion

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
After checking out portal 2, I stumbled across the interactive trailer for "Super 8." I must say I really grabbed my attention... but was kinda sad when I found out it wasn't a teaser for HLE3.

With that said, I wanted to ask you guys for your opinions on this matter. Do you think that interactive trailers for movies should continue finding their ways into games in the same way that Super 8 got into Portal 2?

Personally, I think its a fantastic way to further intertwine the film and game industry. Also, I hope this is something we'll see more and more within the coming years.

Replies

• Malus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malus polycounter lvl 17
    As a consumer:
    Nifty. :)

As a lead:
    Not a fan if it means I have to spend some of my budget on making assets for a promotional tie in for the publisher. :)
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    Well, it could provide some immediate income for a relatively small project.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Since when has been having extra work under you belt been bad in the industry?

Anyway, I would think this would be a great way to do things differently. I don't think it's too far off that one day Movie Companies will start putting full fledged easter eggs and trailers in games as publicity.

Personally, I don't watch alot of movies, and neither of my friends, (that make almost 10 people in total not counting proxy or third-party friends) but however, we all did watch Scott Pilgrim, Sucker Punch, you know, stuff that will get us somehow.

None of them heard about Super 8 till they got into Portal 2.

Look at it however you want, this doesn't change that fact that on release day, J.J. Abrahms will be getting an extra 100$ from people who didn't think about watching the movie.