Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

GUNS Project

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
gibson543 polycounter lvl 13
Hey, so I've decided my path as a 3d artist, and thats a hard surface artist for vehicles, statics and weapons. And so, I figured that since a hard surface artist needs to be good at subdivision modeling obviously, I figured I'd need to improve. And this thread Is going to be some improvement for me.

I'm going to create 3 guns. From start to finish. One real life and two from concepts. Thanks to EQ for giving them to me.

The first one is a paintball gun, my friends and I were planning on going paint balling over spring break and it gave me the idea to model one. This will actually be cool for me because I'm going to use this as an opportunity to test 3point shader, so the entire thing is gonna be one smoothing group.

gunkgtlxshbl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

theres my main ref, I like the shapes on this one, and I have other refs for bits that aren't on these, like the plastic things for the top and bottom, you can tell by my vocab I have no idea what I'm talking about :) I already have some progress on this, and while it's small, I wanted to have some art to show so I could start this thread, and not just plans. And also to see if you guys think my edges are too hard or whatever
render1g.jpg

so yeah theres that.

And the next gun is a concept made by Timur Mutsaev, thanks to EQ for the concept
muzrifle.jpg

I'm planning on having this guy be my first attempt at object space normals, they look ssooo cool

m124conceptbytalrosd2zx.jpg

again, thanks EQ lol and uh yeah this is cool, gonna need to do some experimenting with this one. Concept made by an artist named Talros

So yeah, theres my project for you, pretty big undertaking, by I hope to get at least one of these guns done lol, thanks

Replies