Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first Game Asset.. plz comment

hi .. this is my first attempt to do some low poly game asset, i would like to know wht i can do more to imporve my skills.. any advice will be helpful :)

drumforum.jpg

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    not bad for a first asset. I would say, take it into zbrush maybe, add some dents and dings or light scratches.

Also, your spec map needs work. The first thing that stood out was that the rust or grime or whatever you have leaking from the barrel is full white on your spec map, and it should probably be near-black. Rust and grime are going to reflect a lot less light than the paint/metal that covers the rest of the barrel.
  • AnimeAngel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diffuse looks good. Normals are clean but spec map is off. As CrackRockSteady mentioned the rust spots will have very little spec highlights to them, so they should be dark gray or almost black in the spec map.
    Also the rings around the barrel could use to be a bit more pronounced and the top seems a bit odd. Many oil drums like this would have a separate ring that is bolted on the top to hold the lid in place.
  • SergioSantos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SergioSantos polycounter lvl 13
    spec needs some more contrast and normal map would add a lot with some more detail on it
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Diffuse looks quite good. Check out the program Crazybump, make a normal map from your diffuse, and overlay it in photoshop over your current normal map so you get details from the scratches, rust, paint, etc. popping off