Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter

First time poster.

Just about to finish my university course this year and need to start plugging out some portfolio work. Made this last year but revisited it this morning and corrected, proportions poly flow, support edges, etc. As you can see I still need to put in the inner cockpit workings and eventually texture it, but would like a few comments. Also does anyone have any ideas on how to texture high poly. Do I just collapse the Turbo Smooth and go from there or...

above.jpg

side.jpg

Isometric.jpg

Wire-1.jpg

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Don't collapse turbosmooth! Just make a copy of your high poly on a new layer and start deleting your turbosmooth and control edges and go from there.

Your workflow may differ, but that's the next step I'd take.
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martynball polycounter lvl 10
    Looks good Adam. Could do with more detail though and metal panels ect? More parts will give it more interesting look and nice silhouette.

:)
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martynball polycounter lvl 10
    Also, to texture highpoly you simply just select the Edit Poly in the modifier stack and unwrap the mesh with the edge loops ect, pain the the bum but only way to do it as far as I know. You then add an extra unwrap modifier ABOVE turbosmooth so you can render a UV template from the highpoly.