janeil24kid polycounter lvl 6
15.jpg
janeilalas.blogspot.com

heres another render of my hallway.. constructive criticism are welcome. :D

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like your composition and the lighting isn't too bad but it looks like you're not displaying this stuff in a realtime engine? You should, or if you plan for this to be a pretty rendered scene unlock the full potential of the app you're using.

Also more info! Tri counts, wireframe views, module break downs.
  • janeil24kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks...um im using 3d max and i don't have udk for a time being. for the pipes i used splines.. i will post my new hallway soon..

Polys: 5492

Tris: 11,632
  • janeil24kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    20Compo.jpg
    janeilalas.blogspot.com

heres another render.. wat do u guys think? i forgot to normal map the right side lol..
  • TheCrimsonKing
    It might be nice to get some more color into this scene. I can sort of imagine the thing at the end of the hallway being some sort of evil supercomputer that's emanating red light (it could be really cool) It would also be nice to see some additional modeling detail. Look at some concepts of sci-fi architecture.

check out this guy as an example: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66949
    it obviously isn't finished but you get the idea.
  • janeil24kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahah thanks for giving me an idea i really appreciated it... i will post my hallway soon.. thanks again XD by the way what should i do about the splines at the end coz once i unwrapp or convert them into editable poly my poly count goes up around 20k i think... any tips??
  • chinups
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chinups polycounter lvl 17
    Hey bud, If you wanna bring the count down on your splines you can adjust them in interpolation. Do you wanna texture this scene? What are your goals for this?
  • janeil24kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chinups wrote: »
    Hey bud, If you wanna bring the count down on your splines you can adjust them in interpolation. Do you wanna texture this scene? What are your goals for this?

hey chinups r u talking about the Fast Glossy Interpolation if so it doesnt work :( lol .. umm yeahh im gunna texture it. Actually this hallway is a project for my school and my prof told me that he needs this to be low poly as much as possible >_<. If this wasnt a project i would have convert them into UVW.. My goal for this is to finish it with a good high quality render and textured. i have 2 weeks to complete this project...
  • janeil24kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    22.jpg
    janeilalas.blogspot.com

21.jpg
    janeilalas.blogspot.com

which 1 do u prefer guys? i still need to look more ref but i dunno which 1 i should go with... thx..
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    looking nice :D

personally i prefer the first one, as the matte surface breaks the monotony of the bright floor. makes it more "realistic", let's say.

looking forward to see more updates :)