Home Technical Talk

Mudbox double edge problem.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
Hi,

I did a character in Mudbox Recently. After that i exported the hires to Topogun and did a retopo that i wanted to open up in Mudbox again. So here is the problem, iget an error message " Two or more faces share more than one edge. This model can not be subdivided until this is corrected. (number of occurances: 2)

see attached picture.

I cant see any problem in Maya the cleanup doesnt seem to find it. what is the easiest way to get rid of theese kind of problems in Maya ?

// Jimmy

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't tell you how to do it in Maya but in max, in side the graphite modeling tools there is an option to select polys by the number of edges, this is a quick way to find and get rid of any non-quads. There might be a mel script floating around if something like that doesn't exist in Maya out of the box.

The weird thing is I thought mudbox dealt with this kind of ngon geometry just fine?
  • jimpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    I can't tell you how to do it in Maya but in max, in side the graphite modeling tools there is an option to select polys by the number of edges, this is a quick way to find and get rid of any non-quads. There might be a mel script floating around if something like that doesn't exist in Maya out of the box.

The weird thing is I thought mudbox dealt with this kind of ngon geometry just fine?

Thanks alot for the answer, I have heard the same thing. There is alot of tris and some 5 sided faces. The problem is that mudbox says that it can highlight the errors but when i check that box nothing gets highlighted anyway in the viewport so there is no way i can know what has gone wrong. Is it okay if i send you the obj file to your mail and maybe you can check it out in max ?
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I can check it out in max, maya, and mudbox if you want to send it to me as well. I've actually never seen that problem in mud, so I'm curious to see if I can figure it out. :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't mind checking out the files, send it to vig_@hotmail.com