Home General Discussion

Looking for plugin developer with access to 3ds Max 7 SDK

Hi,

I'm not a plugin developer, and I know this is more of an art than coding community, but I was hoping that at the very least someone here could point me in the right direction.

There's a game engine (the Cyanworlds.com Engine, used to make Myst Online: Uru Live) that was made open source by it's developers last week (you may have read about it on Rock Paper Shotgun, to give one gaming blog that covered it). Theres a great deal of work being done on the engine, but the way content is created for the engine is via a 3ds Max plugin that was written for Max 7. Max 7 (and Max 8, which the plugin also works with) is ancient, and nobody has legal access to the SDK for that version any more over there.

I know there's a lot of old hands here, so I was hoping that a plugin developer might be able to help us both in getting a build of the plugin up and running, and possibly helping to port the code over to modern versions of Max.

Thanks for reading. There are more details over @ www.openuru.org for those interested in helping.

- Huw Dawson