Home Technical Talk

Problem with importing mesh in marmoset

Hi, let me ask for some help.
I've tried to import .obj files (one at a time) in toolbag. Files were exported from xsi or 3ds, were without any texture but had a simple phong reflective material.
Nothing showed up, never, either in v. 1.02 trial or older version downloaded from thread, here. Also, marm crashed often after 2-3 tentative loadings.
I tried also to tweak the mat toolbar, but it was empty, no mesh loaded. Tried to reinstall too.

My compy winds around an intel quad 2.4 ghz, 4 G RAM, with a nvidia 420 gc. Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Never had problems with xsi, zbrush, UDK, my sws of choice.

Replies

• Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried to load any of the example meshes? did they show up properly?

If those worked correctly then, something may have gone wrong with the export.

When you say nothing showed up, did you see anything listed under "Chunks"?
  • barri allen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben Apuna wrote: »
    Have you tried to load any of the example meshes? did they show up properly?

If those worked correctly then, something may have gone wrong with the export.

When you say nothing showed up, did you see anything listed under "Chunks"?

thank you Ben Apuna,
    .mesh showed properly, although the program was very unstable.
    nothing under "Chunks".
    .obj files were exported from xsi or 3ds, with the usual settings (one file, use normals, etc.) and were well behaved when reimported in other programs.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is probably better suited for the stickied marmoset thread.