fill3r polycounter lvl 12
Running

Windows 64bit HOME [upgrading to ultimate later today]
I7 920
24gb RAM [16gb only usable with home]
nVidia GTX 460
aSUS P6T
750 PWS

I just upgraded my ram because I had the blue screen of death a few times and was getting memory errors so I am assuming one of the ram chips went bad. Since swapping them out I haven't noticed that issue.

However I am running dual monitors. The left monitor or Monitor 2 has flickering issues and green dots that only appear on a horizontal pattern. usually when maya is open. I can move maya to the 1st monitor and the problem goes away. Mind you I thought this was a sign of the video card going bad so I upgraded to the 460 from the gtx 275 just last week. When I cam into the office today and woke my computer up from sleep the left monitor was 75% green with horizontal lines. The monitor in questions is a DELL 24" from 2004 MODEL : 2407WFP

Is the monitor going bad? If it was a hardward issues would I see effects on both monitors and not just one of them? AS I am writing this I just thought to check the connections. The connections to the monitor was a little loose.... :/ hmmm..

2nd issues happens on both monitors.

Is with maya, since the latest patch maya likes to flash white every so often. want to say 30-60secs. doesn't matter if i am using it or not. AS I am writing this I can see it flashing on the other screen. Not as often as when I am using it and tumbling around in the window. Is this just the patch?

Later today I am doing a full format and upgrading to windows 7 ULTIMATE. Chances are this will fix it? Haven t done a format since i built this system in 2009.

Also I normally leave the computer on but put it to sleep after closing all programs.

Thanks in ADVANCE
PHIL

SORRY FOR THE LONG READ. Also grammar and spelling errors as I am at work and wrote this in a rush.

MAYA 2011 64x