Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STAGE] Guilty Gear XX AC Paris

ggxxac_paris.png

Stage from Guilty Gear XX AC Paris, I'm new to Guilty Gears but from looking
for refs I was hooked. Awesome stages and characters so I've decided to go with this stage and put my own spin to it, I will be doing an Underwater Atlantis spin, with the giant dome being transparent with supporting beams, adding a huge crack on the top letting in leaking water. Sorry I messed up my title of the thread, forgot to put my polycount username >_> its 4:24 AM EST :P.

Blocking Phase

GG_XX_AC_Paris_Blockout.jpg

Just messing around with lighting trying to build a feel to the scene, Faily new to the UDK so if you have advice let me know.

GG_XX_AC_Paris_Texture_Test.jpg

Detailing Pass 1

GG_XX_AC_Paris_Detailing_1.jpg

GG_XX_AC_Paris_Detailing_2.jpg

C&C are always welcome, I'm using 3ds Max 2011 for building the meshes, importing them into the UDK and setting up lighting and trying to find the direction I should take this map :), tips would be great on how I could push this further. Night ! - Ron.S

Replies

• Ron.S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well got more done with the roof, feeling pretty proud how its coming out. Next is fixing up all the trimmings and railings and adding my staircase. The heaviest poly model I have are my two pillars in the front for some reason my nurms toggle closed its stack and I can't go between the low poly and high poly, so I will have to remodel them.

Since I'm going for an Atlantis theme, I will be incorporating a lot of sea-life to my map, started off by adding giant squid tenticles beams holding up the roof.

Next phase : Railings, Trimmings, Staircase, and building more assets to decorate the place. After than Zbrushing all assets and texturing that I will be doing this week.

C&C are welcome will post my concept sketches when i can get my darn scanner to work correctly :(.

Roofing_Progress_1_Wire.jpg

Roofing_Progress_1_Wire_2.jpg

Roofing_Progress_1_Wire_3.jpg

Roofing_Progress_1_Wire_4.jpg
  • Chandler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good so far! The Atlantis theme is cool, and I like the idea of sea life being integrated into the architecture.
  • Ron.S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been really busy with my classes, But going to spend the rest of this week zbrushing and texturing the rest of my scene and start on the lighting expect more to come fast !! C&C Are welcomed and I'm looking forward to them :).
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Ron ignore your classes and get some updates going! I'm eager to see some more progress dude!