Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Covin / Hector Eduardo Silveri, Environment Artist

Hello to everyone!

Recently I have put online my portfolio website covin3d.com for the future sake of finding a job in the videogame industry. I tried to make the site more user-friendly as possible, easy to read and see, but hey!, before this I haven't created a website in my entire life and I want some crit / tips for the site and, if you want, also for the work I've published.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english if I've done some mistake!

Replies

• DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    i have a couple suggestions.

1: would like to see some wireframes shots.
    2: add some info on ur models. poly count, and so on.
    3: u have a lot of repetitions. in some parts its not bad, but in the hallway with the wires hanging down its way to repetitive, take some time and move some of the cables to give it that realistic mood.

hmm i think thats it for now. havent slept so im tired lol
  • bunda4th
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bunda4th polycounter lvl 6
    It is good but I would change it so you don't have to click on the image a second time just to see the full scene.

You already have the thumbnail page (first page) the second page should be the full scene and not more thumbnails to click. Have the full scene up and then have a high resolution render of it if click again.
  • Covin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I'm working on a new scene, when I finish it, I will work to the website to fix some thing, primarily the technical info (wireframe, polycount, text res...)

These are some screen of the new scene (as you can see I have to complete it), I would like some critics for this scene too.

udk2011041200101568.jpg
    udk2011041200152043.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    You don't have your own name on your site.

You don't have a resume or CV.

Many of the thumbnails are blurred for some reason, when the images they link to are not. This makes me think I'm about to see a crappy looking image when that usually isn't the case. Bad thumbs don't get clicks.

Otherwise, the site's pretty good. I'd like to see some material breakdowns as well. Overall, the user doesn't get any idea of your texturing skills.
  • Covin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks cholden for the tips, the thumbnails images have a strong DoF effect for "style", nothing more, then I will change the thumbnails with the non - DoF effect in the next website update, same with name (the name can only be viewed in the about page), and for technical info.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    hey..your floor looks a bit too tiled? unless thats the look your going for I just thought it would be better if theres a bit of variation