Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Resident Evil 2 Raccoon City Street Scene

Well for my texturing II class we are to make a exterior scene and have it be texture heavy. I choose to do the Raccoon City streets from RE 2, just seems like a really chaotic space to run through and setup nice shots for my final.

I will be porting it into the UDK and setting up final shots and maybe a fly through. This will be my first project really developing a scene and lighting, this is my blocking phase and I just wanted to know am I going about it correctly and are my sizes correct.

raccoonstreetblock1.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

raccoonstreetblock2.th.jpg

raccoonstreetblock3.th.jpg

All assets will be replaced with Zbrushed sculpts and detailed models later :). Thanks for any C&C !

PS** Also using the Unreal Male character for scale references.

Replies

• PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I know it's not specific to your environment, but I would recommend finding another image upload service. Imageshack always loads so slowly. Try out Dropbox, or maybe even Photobucket.

As far as the blockout goes, I'd say look at your scale a little closer. Look for reference images of cities (New York might be a good one), as your buildings don't look realistic. With the amount of buildings you have there atm, it's going to look more like Racoon Town than Racoon City!